These days, powerpoint slides are very common for business or sales presentations.
How to conduct effective powerpoint shows?
Here are some powerpoint presentation tips as stated in the Toastmaster International website:
“Keep your visual aids:
- Colorful, but don’t let them upstage you
- Justified by the content — not too many or too few slides
For effective PowerPoint shows:
- Don’t read the slides to your audience!
- Make your text large.
- Choose colors that make the text easier to read.
- Use bullet points instead of full sentences.
- Don’t let the text or graphics fly around too much.
- Avoid charts and diagrams that are hard to see.
Most Importantly – Remember, you control the presentation; don’t let it control you. PowerPoint should be a “visual aid” – not the entire show.”
In the Basic Competent Communication Manual by the Toastmaster International , there is a project helping you to “Get Comfortable with Visuals Aids”.
Just join a toastmaster club and learn how to conduct effective powerpoint presentations.
Club President 2007-2008
Kowloon-Singapore Toastmasters Club
“Helping You To Overcome Your Fear of Public Speaking and Speak With Confidence!”