The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs
I think it is an awesome video on presentation skills.
Here are some points extracted from the video:
- Set the theme
- Make your theme clear and consistent
- Create a headline that sets the direction for the meeting
- Provide the outline
- Open and close each section with a clear transition
- Make it easy for your listeners to follow your story
- Demonstrate enthusiasm e.g. extraordinary, amazing, cool, incredible, unbelievable, awesome
- Wow your audience
- Sell an experience
- Make numbers and statistics meaningful
- Analogies help connect the dots for your audience
- Make it visual
- Point a simple picture that doesn’t overwhelm
- Give ’em a show
- Identify your memorable moment and build up to it
- Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse
- Spend the time to rehearse
- One more thing…
- Give your audience an added bonus to walk away with
If you want to overcome stage fright and learn to speak with confidence, join a Toastmasters club.
You are welcome to visit our Kampong Ubi Toastmasters Club if you are living in Singapore.
How to Use Your Voice in Public Speaking?
“Public speaking is all about personality. Learn how to use your voice, characteristics, and gestures to be the best public speaker in this free video lesson by Scott Ginsberg…”
How To Use Your Voice Effectively in Presentations and Public Speaking: Paralanguage Roller Coaster
5 Aspects of a Powerful Speaking Voice
“Conor Neill describes 5 vital aspects of a powerful speaking voice, a voice that transmits credibility and authority to the audience.”
Join Toastmasters and find a club that you like to practise your speaking skills. You are welcome to visit our Kampong Ubi Toastmasters Club if you are living in Singapore.