The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs will change the way you give presentations.
Here are some points extracted from the video:
- Set the theme
- Make your theme clear and consistent
- Create a headline that sets the direction for the meeting
- Provide the outline
- Open and close each section with a clear transition
- Make it easy for your listeners to follow your story
- Demonstrate enthusiasm e.g. extraordinary, amazing, cool, incredible, unbelievable, awesome
- Wow your audience
- Sell an experience
- Make numbers and statistics meaningful
- Analogies help connect the dots for your audience
- Make it visual
- Point a simple picture that doesn’t overwhelm
- Give ’em a show
- Identify your memorable moment and build up to it
- Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse
- Spend the time to rehearse
- One more thing…
- Give your audience an added bonus to walk away with
Steve Jobs was an astonishing presenter because he informed, inspired, and entertained. Here are some of his presentation techniques:
- Express your passion.
- Create a Twitter-friendly headline.
- Stick to the rule of three.
- Introduce a villain.
- Sell the benefit.
- Build simple, visual slides.
- Tell stories.
- Prepare and practice excessively.
- Avoid reading from notes.
- Have fun.
- Inspire your audience.
If you want to overcome stage fright and learn to speak with confidence, join a Toastmasters club. You are welcome to visit our Kampong Ubi Toastmasters Club if you are living in Singapore.