Presenting & Public Speaking Tips on How To Improve Speaking Skills & Confidence
Check out this video for tips on how to improve your Presentation & Public Speaking Skills and Confidence.
Here are the Top 10 Tips to Becoming a Better Presenter mentioned in the video:
- Focus on the audience.
- Delete all the excess text from your slides.
- Keep it simple!
- Rehearse, rehearse and rehearse.
- Make friend s with people.
- Dress to impress.
- Be comfortable.
- Stand still.
- Tell a story.
- Be enthusiastic.
If you want to overcome stage fright and learn to speak with confidence, join a toastmasters club.
You are welcome to visit our Kampong Ubi Toastmasters Club if you are living in Singapore.
Here are Some Useful Public Speaking Tips from the well-known Speaker Brian Tracy.
- Get Organized
- Practice And Prepare Extensively
- Eliminate Fear Of Rejection
- Focus On Patterns
- Watch Yourself In The Mirror
- Record Yourself And Learn Your Voice
- Work On Your Breathing
- Practice Some More . . .
- Give Your Speech To Another Person
- Public Speaking Classes : A group such as Toastmasters is non-profit and helps people get over their fears by having them practice speaking on subjects over and over.
- Lightly Exercise Before Speaking
- PowerPoint Can Be Really Great, Or Really Bad
- Even Warren Buffett Had Public Speaking Anxiety At First
- Sip Water That’s Warm Or Room Temperature
- Read Eloquence In Public Speaking By Dr. Kenneth McFarland : the starting point of being an excellent speaker is for you to really care about your subject.
- Pick A Subject That You Really Care About
- Know 100 Words For Every Word That You Speak
- Focus On The Material, Not The Audience
- Don’t Overthink Audience Reactions
- Avoid Talking Too Fast
- Make Your Nervous Energy Work For You
- Pay Any Price And Spend Any Amount Of Time To Speak Well
- Meditate 5 Minutes A Day
- Public speaking can be a great source of income
- Have Pride In Your Work & Recognize Your Success
- Develop A Plan To Improve Your Next Speech
3 Key Components to Improving Your Public Speaking Skills
Pick a subject that you care about. Prepare and practice…
- Start With Your Audience
- Your Message Is Important
- Keep Your Slides Short And To The Point
- You Don’t HAVE To Use PowerPoint
- Use These PowerPoint Presentation Templates
- Use Pictures And Visuals When They Add To The Presentation
- Use Bullet Points Rather Than Paragraphs
- Don’t Read Your Slides Word For Word
- Use Easy To Read Text
- Bring Your Own Hardware
- Try To Keep It Under 20 Minutes
- Use Videos To Add Engagement
- Quality Over Quantity
- Practice, Practice, Practice
- Learn From The Best PowerPoint Presentations
- Make It Actionable
How to Outline Your Speech in 5 Minutes
This PREP formula is an extremely effective preparation technique that some of the best speakers in the world use all the time.
P: Point of View
P: Point of View
15 Ways to Start a Speech or Presentation
4 Ways to End a Speech With a Bang
- End with a Call to Action
- Quick Summary
- Close with a story
- Be Inspirational
6 Vocal Tips to Improve Your Public Speaking
- Slow Down
- Build Vocal Power
- Record and Listen to Your Voice
- Record Phone Conversations
- Focus on Pauses
- Eat and Drink Well
Public Speaking Tip The Power of the Pause
Join Toastmasters and find a club that you like to practise your speeches in a friendly environments. You are welcome to visit our Kampong Ubi Toastmasters Club if you are living in Singapore.