Youtube Video on Public Speaking Tips : The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs
I think it is an awesome video on presentation skills.
Here are some points extracted from the video:
- Set the theme
- Make your theme clear and consistent
- Create a headline that sets the direction for the meeting
- Provide the outline
- Open and close each section with a clear transition
- Make it easy for your listeners to follow your story
- Demonstrate enthusiasm e.g. extraordinary, amazing, cool, incredible, unbelievable, awesome
- Wow your audience
- Sell an experience
- Make numbers and statistics meaningful
- Analogies help connect the dots for your audience
- Make it visual
- Point a simple picture that doesn’t overwhelm
- Give ’em a show
- Identify your memorable moment and build up to it
- Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse
- Spend the time to rehearse
- One more thing…
- Give your audience an added bonus to walk away with
If you want to overcome stage fright and learn to speak with confidence, join a toastmasters club.
You are welcome to visit our Kampong Ubi Toastmasters Club if you are living in Singapore.