Overcome Your Fear of Public Speaking
Practice is the key to helping you improve in public speaking.
Visit Kampong Ubi Toastmasters Club to overcome your fear of public speaking! Our club is one of the warmest Toastmasters clubs in Singapore.
Coming Meeting Date:
Due to the outbreak of novel coronavirus in Singapore, our chapter meeting to be held on 29 August 2020 will be conducted online. Our club members will be able to attend via the Internet. There will not be a physical meeting at our venue. Guests, please do not visit us in person. If you would like to be part of our novel virtual chapter meeting, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an invite link.
Time: 2 pm – 5 pm
Venue: Kampong Ubi Community Centre, Level 3 Conference Room 10, Jalan Ubi Singapore 409075
Click here to see the Location Map
10 Tips for Public Speaking
Public speaking is described as one of the greatest fears. However, there are many ways to tackle this anxiety. You can learn to become a better speaker.
Here are the 10 public speaking tips written by Marjorie Lee North that will help you to reduce your anxiety and improve your performance.
- Nervousness Is Normal. Practice and Prepare!
- Know Your Audience. Your Speech Is About Them, Not You.
- Organize Your Material in the Most Effective Manner to Attain Your Purpose.
- Watch for Feedback and Adapt to It.
- Let Your Personality Come Through.
- Use Humor, Tell Stories, and Use Effective Language.
- Don’t Read Unless You Have to. Work from an Outline.
- Use Your Voice and Hands Effectively. Omit Nervous Gestures.
- Grab Attention at the Beginning, and Close with a Dynamic End.
- Use Audiovisual Aids Wisely.
“Good communication is never perfect, and nobody expects you to be perfect. However, putting in the requisite time to prepare will help you deliver a better speech. You may not be able to shake your nerves entirely, but you can learn to minimize them.”
Join Toastmasters and find a club that you like to practise your speeches in a friendly environment. You are welcome to visit our Kampong Ubi Toastmasters Club if you are living in Singapore.